Early Birds Selected Artists
(in no particular order)
Sophie Harris Taylor
SELECTED ARTISTS LIST (5th JULY 2014)
EARLY BIRDS OPEN CALL
Photo-Soup.ORG is now receiving photography submissions by artists worldwide to be featured in an innovative, trend-setting, self-published photobook.
Photo-Soup is an international collaborative project that allows artists to disseminate their work and ideas without the necessity to fit mainstream curatorial agendas. Since 2009, we have organised exhibitions in a variety of places including a post-war bunker, cultural venues, traditional project spaces and galleries in different cities such as London, New York, Mexico City and Barcelona. For more info http://www.photo-soup.org
‘Early Birds’ is a book project curated in collaboration by Photo-Soup.ORG and featuring guest judge David Land (Former Chief Editor of RPS Journal). The self-published photobook will showcase awe-inspiring and thought-provoking fresh talent to a broad and international audience. Submitting your work is also a great opportunity to be in touch with a large multinational community of collaborating Artists and Photographers.
We are looking for talented Photographers and Artists at any stage in their career, of any age, gender and nationality. The purpose is to produce a cutting-edge publication featuring a selection from the work submitted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Artists that have previously exhibited with Photo-Soup are not eligible to participate in the Open Call.
– We welcome entries related to any theme, genre or subject matter.
– Participants within the UK must pay the administration fee of £5 if done by Bank Transfer/Deposit or £6.50 if done using Paypal (see details at the bottom)
– International participants from outside the UK must pay the administration fee of USD $10 or EURO €8 using Paypal (see details at the bottom)
– Entries can be submitted by email only and at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Submission email must include an electronic copy (or screen grab) of the bank deposit/transfer receipt or paypal receipt obtained after paying the admin fee.
– Submission email must include ARTIST NAME, AGE and NATIONALITY
– Participants must submit by email three (03) images not necessarily from the same series and with the only condition that they should work together.
– Images must be in JPG format with smallest side at 900 pixels.
– Eight (08) artists from the open call will be selected by Photo-Soup.ORG.
– The deadline has been extended by one week: new deadline for submitting your entries is Sunday 22nd June, 2014.
– The list of Selected artists will published on our website on 5th July 2014. Selected artists will be contacted also by email.
– The book will be available for purchase and distribution by September 2014.
– By submitting their work participants confirm and guarantee Photo-Soup.ORG that their images do not infringe the rights of third parties (image rights, right to private property, etc) or that they have obtained the necessary reproduction and exhibition permissions from these parties.
– Photo-Soup.ORG reserves the right to use a selection of the submitted works for promoting the project without creating any entitlement in return, particularly financial, to the participating artists.
– By submitting work, participants grant Photo-Soup.ORG permission to include their images in the book.
– Photo-Soup.ORG will produce and sell the book in order to finance future projects and without any obligation in return, particularly financial, to the participating artists.
– Photo-Soup.ORG reserves the right to change the announced deadlines without any obligation to the participants.
– Photo-Soup.ORG reserves the right to modify the totality or part of the project at any time and for any reason whatsoever without any obligation to the participants.
– Photo-Soup.ORG reserves the right to postpone or cancel all or part of the project at any time and for any reason whatsoever without any obligation to the participants except the return of their admin fee, in this case Paypal fees, currency exchange fees or bank fees incurred either way will not be refunded.
PAYPAL ADDRESS: (where to send the Admin Fee)
BANK DETAILS: (for UK deposits or electronic bank transfers within the UK only)
Account Name: Photo-Soup.org
Account Number: 42199645